This year the biggest annual electronics fair CES took place. Today, we’ll take a look at a new device made by the Parrot company.
Parrot is known mainly for their drones and various gadgets. At this year’s CES they revealed a new drone bearing the name Parrot Disco which is primarily aimed for beginners and occasional users market. According to the available information, the drone can last up to 45 minutes in the air achieving the maximum speed of 80 km/h. Unfortunately, Parrot Disco is still at the stage of prototype. The price and release date hasn’t been revealed yet but we know for sure that it’s going to be available later this year.
Parrot Disco is ready to fly right out of the box. The only thing you have to do is to put on wings, shake it a bit so the motor can start and then throw it in the air. The intelligent software takes the drone up to the sky where the drone starts operating automatically until you’re ready to take over.
The drone is basically capable of flying all by itself and it’s only up to you if you want to try some crazy tricks or just control the direction and speed. The automatic system takes care of soft landing so you don’t have to worry about crashing it down.
The FreeFlight 3 app can help you get the most of its built-in camera. You can even connect an FPV (First Person View) glasses set for the most outstanding experience.
The main advantages:
- First Person View available thanks to live video transmission
- low weight and sturdy design maximizing the speed and handling of the flight
- flight duration up to 45 minutes thanks to the 2700 mAh battery
- automatic take-off, landing and the RTH (Return To Home) mode
- option to set up the flight plan with the use of waypoints
- recording or streaming video with the integrated Full HD 1080p camera (14 Mpx)
- detachable wings for smooth transport