The LG company already offers their 360° CAM. But a classic action camera was missing until now. LG Action CAM belongs to a Friend series which was released this year along with their flagship LG G5 model.
LG Action CAM possesses a 12,3 MPx sensor and can handle recording in 4K at 30 fps and in FullHD at 60 fps. This is the first camera in the world to offer LTE and 3G connection for video streaming. Unfortunately, live streaming is limited to HD at 30 fps only. The Action CAM is IP67 water resistant which means it can handle being underwater in the depth of one meter for 30 minutes. The battery’s capacity is 1400 mAh.
LG starts selling the Action CAM in South Korea within next month. The other regions including Europe will follow. The price is to be specified when released.
- Sensor: 12,3 MPx / 1,55 x 1.55㎛ pixels
- Connectivity: LTE, 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b, g, n, USB C 2.0, Bluetooth 4.1
- Video resolution: UHD 30fps / 60fps FHD / HD 120fps
- Video streaming: HD/30 fps
- RAM: 2 GB
- ROM: 4 GB (system reserved), microSD (up to 2 TB)
- dimensions: 35 x 35 x 77,9 mm
- weight: 95 g
- battery: 1400 mAh
- other: IP67 / GPS / Accelerometer / Gyroscope
- color: light grey